Sunday, November 25, 2007

Ahhhh let the holidays begin

Its been about a week or two since my last post. I was enjoying a much needed break from the world of waitressing. Thanksgiving has traditionally been the start to the holiday season and in a way the start for people becoming frantic and pushy.

Now.... the Wednesday before thanksgiving is usually one of the biggest drinking nights of the year. Which means you go back to where you grew up... go to the local bar... and have conversations with people that really don't matter. This year I decided to take the night off and enjoy it because i freaking deserve a little break.
we went to a pub which is really the only acceptable place in my home town other than a gross a smelly bar at the other end of town. Of course it was jam packed with people and my first thought was..... i feel bad for the service staff. Everyone likes to be busy but no one likes to be working when you cant even get to the table s to make money. Anyway.... my friends and i found a table in the back of the bar that was a little less crowded and finally got the attention of the waitress.
I don't know about you guys but when i go out with my friends to a place that is busting at the seams... i like to be the person to take control at the table and make the servers job that much easier. The poor waitress had to stand there and wait for my friends to decide what kind of shot they wanted for about three minutes. So of course when she came back with the shots, she was obviously pissed off.
As soon as she walked away my friends started talking trash. So help me god... i will never stand by and let people i know shit talk on a waitress. I schooled them on what its like to work in a bar that is so busy you cant move... i also informed them about how valuable those three minutes were that they wasted. I eventually ordered another shot and let the waitress know i was "in the industry". It was nice to see her relax for a minute when i said those words.
total bill: 25.00, total tip: 20.00........... tipping karma.

tip of the day: never shit talk a waitress when you are sitting at a table with one.

No comments: